Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
We have put some additional measures in place to reduce the risks for everyone at the Kirk. We hope these measures won’t impact on your enjoyment but you will appreciate we need to keep everyone safe. These additional measures are outlined in our standard Terms and Conditions below.
We are delighted that you want to come and stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you. The following terms and conditions apply to bookings made both through the website and on the phone. Please take a few moments to read them before you make a booking. Once we have received your payment we will have a legally binding contract between us.
General Booking Information
- Bookings can be made online by clicking on BOOK NOW buttons. If you prefer you can phone us on +44 (0) 7973524191 or contact us by email, email@example.com
- For our two bedrooms, all prices are per room per night and based on 2 people sharing. Maximum occupancy per room is 2 people.
- We also have a one bedroom self-catering apartment. The prices are per night (minimum 2 nights). It is 2 + 2 – there is a small sofa double bed in the lounge which can accommodate an additional 2 (smallish) people. Please let us know if you want to use this facility so we can provide additional linen/towels etc.
- Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking
- We are child friendly. Be aware that you need to supervise young children at all times as there are a few potential hazards around the property and we do not accept liability for any accidents.
- All our rooms are non-smoking.
- We are pet friendly, but request that dogs not be allowed on the beds or furniture. Be aware that we have our own dog (Bonnie) a friendly Sheprador!
- We are a small business and rely on forward bookings so cancellations do have a significant impact on us. We therefore advise that you have travel insurance to compensate should you need to cancel in the event of unforeseen circumstances e.g. ferry cancellations.
Please note our cancellation policy before committing to a reservation.
- To secure your booking full payment for the booking is required. This includes a non-refundable deposit of the amount for one night. This will kept if you have to cancel for any reason apart from a change to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Booking can be paid for by bank transfer. We are unable to accept cheques or credit/debit cards.
- We reserve the right to vary the tariff at any time.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we will refund your payment in full if you are unable to come because of a change in government policy e.g. a local lockdown or new holiday restrictions.
- If for any reason you will not be able to stay with us, please contact us as soon as possible.
- All cancellations must be made in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and are only valid once confirmed by the Kirk at Kildonan.
- Cancellations made more than 21 days before arrival will result in the loss of the non-refundable deposit portion of your payment (equivalent to the cost of one night’s stay).
- If you cancel your booking within 21 days of arrival, we reserve the right to charge for the whole booking and may offer a partial refund based on what we have been able to re-let.
- In case of ‘no show’ the full amount of booking will be retained.
- If you need to reduce or cancel your booking during your stay you will be charged with the total cost of your booking.
- We recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover all unforeseen cancellations, including ferry disruptions.
- Check-in is available from 4.00pm on the day of arrival. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 8pm so that we can make sure someone is available to check you in.
- If you would like to check-in before 4:00pm then please contact us by telephone (07973524191) to discuss your requirements. If you arrange an early check-in, we can’t promise that bedrooms will be available for your use on arrival however you can safely leave bags and collect your keys.
- If on the day of arrival, you are delayed please contact us by telephone with an estimated time of arrival.
- We do check-ins in the porch at the front of the building. There is a key code to get into this which we will provide you with by email once we have confirmed your booking
- We ask guests to vacate their room by 11:00am on the morning of departure.
- Please ensure all keys are returned before you leave. A charge of £10.00 per key will be charged if keys are lost or not returned.
Cancellations by the Kirk at Kildonan
- If we have to cancel a booking due to exceptional circumstances e.g. illness, injury, severe weather, or damage to property etc, we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible. Unfortunately we are not able to book you alternative accommodation. We do not accept any further additional liability.
- If this happens we will refund your booking in full.
- Where possible please ensure we have a mobile contact for you in case of emergency.
- We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time if the actions of guests are deemed detrimental to the property or comfort of others through unacceptable behaviour. In such circumstances any outstanding account must be settled, no refunds will be made.
- We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or injury to any member of your party or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees during the course of their employment.
- Guests using our car parking area do so at their own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles or their contents.
- We are happy to return items that have been left following departure. However, there will be a minimum charge of £5.00 to cover postage and packaging.
- We reserve the right to charge for missing items.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer.
- We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you would prefer us not to hold this information please let us know. Your details will not be given to any third party.